Dr Update & Nursery Pics

Update from my Dr. appt today!

I haven't dilated any more than I was when he first started checking (I'm still a 1), and he said it looks like Jr. is pretty content in there and doesn't appear to be making any kind of movement soon. He suggested riding any of the rides at the Stratosphere to help induce labor. Tempting...

Even though I've continued taking it easy since the Dr. took me off bedrest, my feet have been swollen since Sunday evening. On Monday my feet were the most swollen they have been since I was put on bedrest, and my legs and knees were a little swollen as well. I've been checking multiple times a day, and my blood pressure has been fine, but I was a little worried about my swelling. The swelling went down as I slept Monday night, but by 10 am this morning my feet were swollen again.

The doctor asked how I've been feeling, checked my feet, and debated for a little bit before saying that unless Jr. makes a movement this week (and it doesn't look like he will), we need to decide on a deadline.

SO...drumroll please...unless Jr. decides otherwise, I will be induced Monday at 7 pm, which means that unless I have the fastest induced labor and delivery ever, he will be born sometime Tuesday, July 21st! I am so excited! So come Monday and Tuesday, everyone remember to say a prayer for us!

We finished organizing the "nursery" a few days ago, which for now is the retreat area of our bedroom. We've had to be creative with the use of the 3 bedrooms since Brian works from home, his sister lives with us, and his brother also lives with us until he leaves for his mission on August 26th. So, here's the nursery! Thanks Paul for your help!
Yes, I still have the diaper cake my mom made for the shower on display. I can't bear to take it apart, and since the diapers are a size 2, I'm in no rush to take it apart just yet.



I know I still need to post more pictures of the gifts I got at the shower, but one thing at a time. I can't sit at the computer for too long, but I still need to take pictures of everything. Keep checking, I'll get them posted soon.

5 comments:

Stacy and Justin said...

Your nursery is so cute! He is one lucky boy! Good luck!

kelly said...

the nursery looks great, very cozy, that chair will come in very handy! is that a jon mozo above the crib, it looks awesome!
are you keeping your feet up, sleep with a pillow under them. can't wait to hear, please post when he comes, you know in the delivery room?!! ;)

The Banks Family said...

i love the print of the nursery. he sure is one lucky boy. so are you guys out of brian's moms house? wed is elijah's b'day. july is a good month for b'days.

Gil, Keli, Dezi and Ava said...

the nursery looks super cute. You could be a designer! You will always be in my prayers! I can't wait to see pics of Jr. Oh and call me or email me when you get "the box." I think you should get it pretty soon or by now at least. Okay take care and i'll talk to you later.

If you want to call this talking.

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

Darling nursery and exciting news about Mon-Tues. Jennylin's birthday is July 22....so close to sharing the same birthday. We will be planning on the 21st.
love, aunt linda