Update & More Hospital Pics

Mommy Update: I'm hanging in there, and am extremely excited that I can see and feel the bones in my feet again! I officially fit in my first non-maternity pajamas today. I know they're still pajamas, but I bought them special to wear after pregnancy and couldn't fit in them when I bought them, so I'll take it!
There's definitely no way to be completely prepared for the trauma of giving birth. I thought I was as prepared as I could be and had read everything and then some, but now I know that giving birth is kind of like joining a secretive club. Everyone talks about how wonderful it is, but no one (even the books) discusses the horrible hazing process once you get to join! I am hanging in there, but it's definitely one rough road.

Baby Update: Jayden is the most darling, cuddly baby ever. He loves to snuggle, and is a fabulous sleeper. He likes to have his legs and body swaddled, but he has to have his arms free. He usually sleeps with his arms in front of his face, and also sometimes has one arm up by his forehead or above his head. We just love to watch him sleep...

Here is a slide show of some more hospital pics!



These last two are so cute they deserve their own place in my post. Here is my little guy all ready for his first ride in the car! I love how he is holding on, he looks all ready to go!
Brian and Paul were messing around importing my dad's new videocamera into iMovie and iPhoto, and they cropped and created this picture. The two loves of my life! Brian has been a real trooper, and is being very supportive during this crazy time. I love him more and more every day, and am grateful that he is so helpful, and wants to be there every step of the way. To say he's an awesome daddy is a huge understatement!

7 comments:

Amy Jenks said...

I love all the pictures. The pic of Brian and Jayden is absolutely precious. You'll have to frame that one!
Yeah, it's a secretive club...wish I could have known more before my first as well. I'm glad you're recovering and doing well. The good news is that it gets better with every passing day. :)

kelly said...

that pic is beautiful, i love the one in the car seat too! he is so amazing!! i really need to call, i am up by 6:30 our time, call me when you can i know new mom's sleep when they can get it!

Juli said...

Cami, I can't get over how beautiful your little guy is! He's just perfect. I love all the pics. Hang in there and welcome to the club ;).

kelly said...

i had to look at the pictures again, he is so sweet! i wish i could hold him, heidi and noah are my favorite to snuggle with at church! is there anything that you need, i have seen all the pictures and can't decide what i can send you since it looks like you own babies R us!

Amalie said...

what a cutie baby! Don't worry, time will pass and memories will fade! (well, the bad ones, the good ones will last!)

Gil, Keli, Dezi and Ava said...

Congratulations again! I think you should frame that one of Brian and Jayden it's to cute for words! He is so cute!

The Banks Family said...

he is so beautiful! i love the last pic the most. i've heard that once you have a baby you can handle anything, and i know it. i'm so glad that you've joined our club. is he a good sleeper or are you having sleepless nights. call me when you're rested.