Craft Galore

Jill and I have kept busy with a variety of crafts. First, I finally made the blanket from the extra fabric I bought when Keli and I made Dezi's blanket. I had to take advantage of such cute Hawaiian/surfer style fleece, and I have to keep the Hawaiian memories alive! Side note-I still tell people here in Florida I am from Hawaii ;)
I haven't really washed it yet so it still needs to fray-but you get the idea. (Sorry the picture is sideways!)

We bought metal stars that were on sale and glued a variety of fabric on the different sides (these next two ideas came from makeitandloveit.blogspot.com). Jill made one for Paige's bedroom, and I made a 4th of July star.

Then we also made a carseat cover for my little one on the way (I'll be 4 months on Sunday)! I had a difficult time finding fleece that I really liked because all the kinds I kept picking were very gender specific. I had one all picked out that was definitely girly but I decided to do it anyway because I couldn't find a neutral one I liked well enough. I guess it was not meant to be because there wasn't enough fabric.

Just as well, because we finally found this fleece (which I love) and the cute ribbon (which I love even more). Now I just need Baby Turner to wrap up inside it!




5 comments:

Love Sweet Love said...

So I'm crazy jealous about your mad craft skills! That cover is adorable!!

Stacy and Justin said...

Wow, I am going to start calling you crafty Cami! Seriously girl, I love the carseat cover you made!

Anonymous said...

Cute crafts! The care seat cover turned out cute too. I have never seen those before.

kelly said...

you are so crafty, i wish we would have had time to do that when you were here! i saw that fleece at walmart and thought it was SO cute, i love the cover!! getting all ready for bebe! is brian missing you yet?

Ashley said...

CAMI!!! Okay, those turned out adorable. Thanks for the link to your blog. I LOVE seeing everyone's projects and what they've made from the tutorials. Plus, that blanket is just perfect. Cute! Would you mind if at some point I posted some of the pictures to the blog??......along with some other people's projects.

Thanks again for the link. Loved it.