Generosity

Well I was so touched by someone's generosity at school today I had to share.
A few weeks ago our class had a spelling bee. It was just our class, as a review from the past 5 units, and I give the winner (s) certificates and a book. One mom wanted to come watch, and she did, which was fine. Then later she came back with a Capri Sun and chips for everyone for doing such a good job! She also made goodie bags for our three winners! Each bag had a coloring book, crayons, snacks, and other goodies in it!
Well this week we are celebrating Aloha Week. We have been learning different things about Hawaii, etc. Anyway, we are going to make candy lei's later this week and I sent a note home asking the kids to bring in one dollar to help pay for it (the packets alone are $1 apiece, plus the ribbon and then the candy to make the lei). This same parent sent in $20 to help pay for the candy! It was so thoughtful and generous!
I just wanted to share! I hope you all find something to smile about today!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Families in Hawaii are so generous, you should see baseball game etc. treats or goodie bags there it's crazy, that is sweet that she is so generous. hey i saw in seagull book catalog a book about emma smith, did you find any?