This past weekend we went to Idaho Falls to see Nate and the Blue Angels Extreme Thunder Airshow. We had a fabulous time, and were so sad to come home! We had quite the trip, and now we can't find our camera charger, so all I have right now is what Brian took on his iPhone.
Jayden was so excited about the airplane. He has always been curious and into everything, but now that he is older he is aware of a lot more. He looked out the window like this the whole time we were taxiing, and during the take off and landing. He would turn and look at us to make sure we were watching too, then back to the window. It was so funny.

The flight wasn't quite full on the way there so Jayden could play in his own seat, which was nice. (Yes, we flew on his 1st birthday).

We saw the jets and Fat Albert out our window as we made our way to the gate. It sure geared up our excitement!

We had quite the experience after we landed, though. Instead of checking our bags, we had two carry-ons, I had the diaper bag, and Brian carried his "man purse" with our travel stuff/iPod and stuff. The overhead bins were full above our seats, so Brian put our bags a few rows ahead of us (we were like four rows from the back).
Then when we were getting off, we walked up to get our two bags and only one was there. The stewardess thought she knew where it was, but I thought it was weird that someone had moved it without saying anything first. Brian suggested I get off and see if the bag is with the gate checked items. I start getting off, and as I'm stepping off the plane, I have a thought, "You'd better run if you're going to find your bag". So I start running across the tarmac, holding Jayden and the diaper bag. I run across the tarmac, through the airport and through security. I hesitated for a minute before I left security, because I knew Brian would have the other suitcase, plus his "man purse", the stroller and the carseat, but again, I felt that I needed to keep running. (Jayden thought this running was funny and was laughing the whole time). I was probably ten or fifteen feet from the door when I saw a man walking out with my suitcase! I ran up to him and told him he had my suitcase, and all was well again, but my goodness, how could he not remember where he had put his suitcase?
Based on our conversation while I was waiting for Brian and he was waiting for the gate agent to bring his bag, I don't think he really did it on purpose, but what a doofus! Brian said that his bag didn't have any kind of name tag or identification, so if he would have left with our bag, we would have had no clue about what to do! I am so grateful that even though it wouldn't have been the end of the world, the Lord watched out for us anyway. If Brian hadn't suggested I get off the plane, or had I not listened to the Spirit's prompting that I should run, we might not have ever found our bag.
But, we did make it, and this picture is of Jayden napping at the show on Saturday. Yes, we (well, mostly Brian) got Jayden to nap while we were watching the other performers before the Blue Angels started. I think he needs to nap with these noise canceling headphones all the time because he slept for over two hours! After he woke up he had a grand time playing in the dirt, waving to the jets, and reaching out to the sky trying to touch them.
Like I said, we can't find our camera charger and our camera is totally dead, so these pictures are ones that Brian took when we watched the show on Sunday from Jill's hotel across the street from the Idaho Falls temple. We have better, closer pictures on our camera, but I want to blog about it so bad this is what I have to work with.
The jets flying around the Idaho Falls Temple.
This is how Jayden kept himself entertained on the car ride home from the airshow. He did this all by himself, and was just laughing and laughing about it.
This video is of him "reading"/babbling on our way to the airport to fly home. He looked like he was reading our name tag and it was too cute. He does it with books too. He'll hold it open and babble, then shut the book and pause his babble until he opens up the book again.
He has the most adorable babble. He has such cute tone and inflection in his voice, it's like he really is telling you something and he has so much to say. I just wish I could understand what he's saying!
We had a fabulous time! It's an amazing thing to see if you ever get the chance! I'll post more pictures when we find our camera charger! Hopefully Jayden didn't get a hold of it or it could be anywhere! ;)
1 comment:
happy birthday jayden! time flies.
that is so cool around the temple, how fun to see that!
Post a Comment