Our Memorial Day weekend this year was a little bit of everything. It was Brian's birthday, and we had plans to go downtown to eat and enjoy a little of the strip. I also made him an ice cream cake (see below). It's not anything fancy, but how can you go wrong with Thin Mint cookies, your favorite ice cream flavor, and fudge? (No, he hasn't had his Cream Soda yet, and yes, I did get him more than just that!)
My dad called to tell me that his father had passed away, so we cancelled our birthday plans, picked up my sister and her girls from the airport, and drove up to Utah.
The funeral was very nice, and it is quite the compliment that every child and grandchild was able to make it. Funerals are always sad, but we know that Parkinson's was really doing a number on Grandpa's body, so we take comfort in knowing he no longer has to suffer. This was my first experience with someone close to me passing away, but I am grateful for the knowledge I have that he is in a much better place with his parents and some of his brothers and sisters. I know that Grandpa is up there waiting for us. It was difficult to see Grandpa struggle in the nursing home, but I think it was a blessing that he passed in his sleep, and that Grandma didn't have to be the one to discover him. The Lord looks out for us even in tough times.

We still found time during the busy weekend to celebrate Brian and Jill's birthday. I got pressured to let Jayden have cake and ice cream. Oh well, it's carrot cake, so it has vegetables in it, right?
.jpg)
I just love this! Isn't it priceless??

I love how Jayden has a teeny little smile in this one. I promise he's sleeping.

Then after we drove home we put bedtime on hold and decided to swim a little! The camera was a little delayed, but Chloe jumped in off the waterfall!

Jill is going to be mad at me, but here is a video of Chloe jumping off the waterfall. It's sideways, but I don't know how to turn it.
Love you Jill!
5 comments:
I never realized how much Jayden looks like Brian until I saw their faces so close together! Super Sweet!
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Glad that you were able to make it to the funeral.
love the video...i had to laugh. glad to know i'm not the only protective mother out there :)
Loved your testimony of this today. Love you!
so sorry about your grandpa, it is hard to lose them but so sweet when you know they are not suffering anymore. it's good to be together with family too.
So sorry about your grandfather. But he must be happy reunited with so many family members. Happy belated birthday to Brian! One year older and wiser too huh!! And that video of Chloe jumping off the waterfall.....I don't know if I would let do that!! Holy cow. Brian's a pretty good swimmer huh? And I love how panicked you sounded Cami!! I miss you guys and hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment