Jayden 2 week update

I can't believe my little baby is already 2 weeks old! There is no describing how adorable he is, and how much we love him!

Here he is sleeping in his carseat. He sleeps very well in here, which I love! Yesterday my mom and I took him to his appointment, and he was sleeping so well we decided to go to eat at Mimi's Cafe and stop by Kohl's for their clearance sale, and he slept the whole time! He slept so well while we were out that I decided to put him back in it that night! ;) He slept the best he ever has that night too! Hhhmmm....
Can you tell that showering was the highlight of my day? Needless to say, newborns are exhausting! Yes, he is already holding his head up. He can hold his head still while being burped!

He was born with blonde fuzz on the top of his head with the cutest strawberry blonde on the sides and back of his head, but I am sorry to say that the strawberry blonde is fading. Right now his eyes are a gorgeous deep blue, but Brian's eyes are a hazel-green color, so we'll see if they stay blue or not.

This is what he is doing right now, while I pay bills and "blog it up", as Brian likes to say. Jayden loves to sleep with his arms up by his face, and we think it's hilarious when he sleeps like this.
"Touchdown!"
Weight update: He was born at 7 lbs 9 oz, at his first week appt he was 7 lbs 6 oz, and at his two week appt yesterday he weighed a good 8 lbs 6 oz! My little guy is growing up way too fast!

9 comments:

Juli said...

I still can't get over how perfect he looks! He's just beautiful!!

Congrats on discovering the carseat sleeping trick--worked like a charm with our babies, too!!

Gil, Keli, Dezi and Ava said...

They do grow up fast...

Dezi is now talking a lot more and is saying his alphabet. It all happened in about a week. I'm very proud but kind of sad.

So what...did his carseat replace his crib...ha ha! What ever will let you sleep longer. He is so perfect looking I must say. He is soooo handsome. Your gonna have to keep the girls away from him.

Janine Scott said...

He is beautiful!! Everything goes by so fast, enjoy every minute!!

Amalie said...

awww. great pics. I have to say that one thing I LOVE about newborns is how much they sleep! Nick and I could go on dates to the movies and Kanoa would sleep through the whole movie, it was great!

kelly said...

wow he is so cute, newborns are hardwork but it will get easier for now just enjoy the time home relaxing when you can, watching every breathe!

The Banks Family said...

we tried the carseat too, it worked pretty good for just a little while. for the first couple months my babies mainly slept on me. i was so tired and i did whatever i could to get some rest. that was the most effective method for me.

The Banks Family said...

oh and he is so gorgeous. i love love love newborn baby pics!

Amy Jenks said...

He really is perfect! What a cutie. The carseat saved my nights with both of my girls! It makes them feel secure like in the womb or something. Try a swing, too. Sometimes they'll even sleep longer in those. :)
If you don't have one yet, email me because I found an AMAZING one for relatively inexpensive - love, love it!

Mike and Linda Bringhurst said...

It's been a while since I checked blogs and I had fun catching up with your family. I just love blogs to keep us in touch with those we can't see as often as we would like. Jayden is darling. Looks like you had fun with the family.
Have a good day,
love, aunt linda